Visitor alleges rape of girlfriend

Spread the love

An Australian man is calling for justice following what he alleges was the rape of his 30-year-old girlfriend early Tuesday morning.

The man, whose name has been withheld to protect his girlfriend’s identity, told The Daily OBSERVER the woman was raped at knifepoint by an unmasked assailant.

The tourist said they later located the perpetrator in the area where they were staying and led police to him. Up to the time of going to press, police had not detained the accused.

The man said he and his girlfriend went for dinner at a restaurant, then stopped at a bar for drinks before returning to the yacht they were staying on in Jolly Harbour.

“After I went to bed, she said this guy came into the boat and began touching her. She chased him out of the boat and went outside to secure the boat. Apparently, while she was there he slipped back onto the boat. She came to bed, only to be awakened by the same guy who was then trying to cut her shorts off using a pair of scissors. He put a knife to her throat and dragged her into the back cabin of the boat and raped her for about a half hour,” the man said.

He added that since he was not awakened by any commotion, he believed he was drugged. The man said he only had a few drinks at the restaurant and upon leaving there he was still very lucid. But after visiting the bar, he had to be assisted back to the boat.

“My legs would not work properly, and I only had two beers. In the morning I had white stuff dribbling out of the side of my mouth, so I believed something was put in my drink,” the man said.

The couple was due to leave later that same day and went to the airport. While checking in, the man said he noticed something was very wrong with his girlfriend.

“I found out about all of this while we were at the airport. She couldn’t keep it in anymore and she broke done and told me what had happened,” he said.

The Rape Unit was contacted and the woman was taken for a medical examination. A police report was made, accompanied by the doctor’s medical certificate.

The couple left the island yesterday. However, the man said he will support his girlfriend in her decisions going forward following what he called a “traumatic” experience.

“Her main concern is that this guy be put in prison so he does not do this again because he seems very organised. I went down to the boat Wednesday night and there is only one light down there, so it is very dark,” he added.

The police say they are still investigating the matter.




leave a reply