On Wednesday, April 18, health inspectors visited my area between the hours of 10 am-12 noon. Generally, I look forward to greeting my dog on a daily basis. Unfortunately and sadly, he was found dead right in front my doorsteps only a few hours after.
Indications are that several dogs in the vicinity of Paynters and Pigotts have been poisoned due to deadly substances placed in people’s yards. I am appealing to all health inspectors to desist from this careless and cruel act.
Our pets can become a part of our family, especially when much time and effort is put into taking care of them, not to mention the expenses included.
I am made to understand that these substances are being put down to decrease the rodent and mosquito infestation. However, proper care and professionalism needs to be carried out when placing these substances in the yards or drums of homeowners.
I’m not sure if an alert or notice of the dates and times when they visit are announced, but if not, it should be done so that homeowners can be on guard and take necessary measures when they visit.